DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMIC PLANNING AND BUDGETING
To be a center of excellence in planning and budgeting for a nationally competitive and prosperous county with a high quality of life for all residents.
To provide effective leadership and coordination in planning, policy formulation and tracking results for a nationally competitive and prosperous county.
- Professional Integrity
- Passion for Results
- Participatory Approach
- Commitment to Team Work
- Innovation and Visionary
- Transparency and Accountability
- Ethical Standards
- Review, model and forecast trends in costs of County resources through Annual Budgets and Medium Term expenditure Framework.
- Preparation of the development plans in accordance with the format prescribed by regulations.
- Provide overall policy and strategic direction for the socio-economic transformation of the County.
- Management of the County Economic Development and Planning Information.
- Document sector reports, compile and prepare consolidated County Sector reports.
- Tracking implementation of development plans, strategies and Programmes through preparation of Statistical progress reports.
- Evaluation of Programmes and policies.
- Developing and updating County M&E indicators.
This is what the department achieved from the FY 2017/18 to date;
- Development of County plans: CIDP 2018-2022, ADP 2018/19, ADP 2019/20, CBROP 2018, CFSP 2018
- Development of County budget for FY 2017/18 and FY 2018/19
- Establishment of Sector Working Groups
- Establishment of County M&E unit and M&E committee
- Development of CIDP II indicator Handbook
- Development of Annual M&E report for FY 2017/18
- Development of County plans: ADP 20/21, CBROP 2019, CFSP 2019
- Development of County budget for FY 2019/20
- Establish policy framework on M&E
- Updating of County Facts sheet
- Rolling out of County E-CIMES
- Development of CFSP, 2019
- Establishment of Socio-Economic Database
- Publicizing of M&E reports for all the quarters in FY 2018/19
- Conduct baseline surveys to support the M&E
- Undertaking mid-term CIDP review
- Establish modern county information resource and data center